Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012: Return to the Iron

02/01/2012
I think it's pretty apt that my first session of the new year was a Squat Monday!

Squats w/Cambered bar
8 reps @ 30 kgs (bar)
8 reps @ 40 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
7 reps @ 90 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 120 kgs
5 reps @ 130 kgs PR

Good Mornings w/Cambered bar
8 reps @ 70 kgs
8 reps @ 90 kgs
8 reps @ 110 kgs PR*
5 reps @ 120 kgs PR*

45 Degree Back Raises
2x 10 reps @ BW +20 kgs

It was Joel who pointed out that my last set of squats was a PR, meagre though it may be. After a full 2 weeks of not training, I've come back stronger.

More to the point, I am keen as mustard to get on with training.

Lots has happened in the time I've been away; SMWA training has been relocated to The Muscle Pit in Cannington, which means that 'the state's strongest gym' and the state's strongest man (and the rest of us) are now all in the one place.

And in other news, my weight loss is going well. At one point I dropped below 137 kgs but it was short lived. The weight is now steady at around 137.5 kgs. I'm sure it is due to me eating less fruit over this period and more meats. My diet is controlled enough now for me to spot weaknesses in it where they appear, and the addition of the wrong types of fruit to my daily consumption of milk must be slowing the weight loss.

I am dropping the apples and oranges from my selection and will be eating more frozen mixed berries in the mornings... that is something I've also started doing since I had the time in the morning for a sit-down meal.

I will most likely be training at the Pit again tomorrow night.

Full steam ahead mother *%#kers!!

*On review, I can confirm that those last 2 sets of GMs were also Personal Records. Very happy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment