Saturday, January 7, 2012

Events Training Saturday

Yoke Walk
25 meters @ 205 kgs
10 meters @ 245 kgs - poor placement of the bar and arm position, and it slid off!
15 meters @ 245 kgs - to finish the run... just
25 meters @ 245 kgs

Deadlifts
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 150 kgs
5 reps @ 170 kgs
3 reps @ 190 kgs
1 reps @ 200 kgs

I attempted 205 twice, with no success. The 2nd time I couldn't even get off the ground. I'm down 20 kilos on my personal record right now. So, really, not that much to recoup. But damn I'm sore.

Farmers Walk
25 meters @ 60 kgs p/hand
25 meters @ 100 kgs p/hand
5 meters @ 120 kgs p/hand - complete failure here

I was broken thanks to too little food intake prior to training. And all those deadlifts, of course.
I played around with the Big Boy log after I'd finished with deads, but couldn't quite lock it out bare (92.5 kgs is what it weighs on it's own)

On the subject of Log clean press, I'm seriously down on strength compared to last year, and I need to improve fast. And as for Yoke walk... the yoke to be used will be 350. That's on January 28th. So I'm pretty sure I'm fucked in that event right off the bat.

It may be that my numbers in the Strongman comp in 3 weeks time will be poor - especially since I plan to put more focus on bench press over the next 2 months, and maybe achieve 5 or 6 reps of my bodyweight at the Fitness Expo. That would be satisfying.

But I'm not going to be slacking off in other areas. I will be putting more weight on my squat and working on all aspects with vigour... just more bench than normal.

While I am aware I've lost strength just through not training for 2 weeks, I'm also down on stamina... I think the time I spent getting by on less food (because I was less active) has conditioned me to eating less generally, and I cannot train effectively on too steep a calorie deficit. I was eating frozen berries throughout the session today for more energy!

Last night, around midnight, I caved and had a double quarter pounder (no bun). But prior to training I only had 800 mls of milk and a pear. So I perhaps over-compensated by eating another double quarter pounder (no bun) PWO.

Dinner will be assorted grilled seafood to add some much needed omegas, not to mention variety. And I actually remembered to have my multi, glucosamine and fish oil this morning.

Not a terrible session today, all things considered. My reach exceeded my grasp in some areas. I already feel stronger for the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment