Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekly Weigh-in

On the scales this morning:

136.5 kgs / 300.9 lbs

I'm wearing a belt that hasn't been any use to me for several years. I just tried on a shirt I bought nearly 2 years back, shipped over from the U.S. It's been hanging in my wardrobe, unable to be worn, until tonight.

It's a bowling shirt. With a Fedora and sunglasses I will have finally achieved the fat, pale Charlie Sheen look.

I'm moving faster and feeling lighter, if not stronger - but I've only just returned to training this week, so the strength will return soon enough.

This week's weight loss is not due to dehydration, as has sometimes been the case in the past. A lot of people who 'diet' are perhaps not aware of this, or not aware of how significant water weight can be, and it's easy to get discouraged when the number on the scale moves up and down from one day to the next. Which is why I weigh myself weekly... and even that can be too frequent.

I had only a coffee for breakfast (no frozen berries this week :-( ) and throughout the day I of course had my standard 2 litres of milk, with a mouthful of brazil nuts now and then.

Last night during training I consumed 1.5 litres of water. While I did drink a glass of cranberry juice with dinner (cranberry juice being a diuretic), I experienced no increase in frequency of urination. Because you all needed to read that.

And finally dinner. I had one of my favourites; juicy, greasy BBQ lamb ribs. I ate till I was no longer hungry, and I cannot give you an accurate calculation of how much meat I ate save to say that 3 ribs satisfied me.

I can repeat this short list of nuts, fatty meat and full cream milk as staples of my diet to a thousand random people, and I'm betting 900 or more would not believe me when I tell them I am also losing weight.

The scale isn't always your friend, but it never lies. Unless it's cheap or broken.

I am growing more confidant that I will get down to 120 kgs / 265 lbs before this year is out. In fact I am thinking it will happen in half that time!

No comments:

Post a Comment