Thursday, November 9, 2017

PRESS+ Thursday: Bench is Boring

I'M SORRY, but it just is. I can't get excited about it... at least not until I'm back up to where I was in 2015. Till then, all these reps just feel insubstantial. Even though I'm pretty sure this is a new personal record for paused reps at this weight.


After the first triple I knew I couldn't do another triple, so stopped at two. But I went for a third rep with my final set. I completed it with assistance from Sam and Jon, so it wasn't a failed rep technically... but obviously I'm not counting it.


And I'm glad I've only programmed doubles of 155 kilos for next week and singles of 162.5 kilos the week after. I know I couldn't handle any more than that.


PRESS+ Thursday November 9th
stretch
Bench press (paused):
bar x 10
60 kgs x 5
100 kgs x 3
125 kgs x 1
140 kgs x 1
147.5 kgs x 3, 2, 2 TPR
Incline press:
90 kgs x 3 x 8 TPR
DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kgs x 3 x 10
EZ bar skull crushers:
40 kgs x 8, 7, 5
super-set w/Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 3 x 15
HS chest press (p/h):
40 kgs x 3 x 8
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
20 kgs x 3 x 8

No comments:

Post a Comment