Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Push/Pull Wednesday: Meh

Rack pulls w/apparatus
10 reps @ 100 kgs
10 reps @ 140 kgs
5 reps @ 180 kgs
5 reps @ 220 kgs
5 reps @ 240 kgs PR

*Shoulder warmup

1-arm DB press (strict)
8 reps @ 20 kgs
5 reps @ 30 kgs
5 reps @ 40 kgs - goddamnit, I was spose to stop at 3!! 
3 reps @ 45 kgs - which is why this was only an Equal to best effort

1-arm Seated rows
10 reps @ 10 plates
10 reps @ 11 plates
10 reps @ 12 plates
10 reps @ 13 plates - not much of a PR, but it'll do

I AM hoping this freaking hooked harness thing will start to feel more comfortable with time. I can't use my belt for these lifts, as the bastard pinches my fat rolls under this contraption I'm wearing. It's not fun... some guys wear a foam pad between belt and harness. I just can't get the hang of that, so I'm gonna continue doing this exercise raw. My numbers would be more impressive were it not for this. Rack pulls of around 300 kgs should be easy enough for me, at this level, were I not injured. I must be able to do 275 with this thing in a couple of months time.

As I'm pretty much doing dumbbell OHP twice a week now, alternating between strict- and push-press makes sense to me; I need to improve both my raw pressing strength and technique in order to progress overall. The press events in 2013 I do not wan to miss. I may never be truly strong in this department, but I must get passably strong. A 70 kg DB push-press and 120 kg log or axle is not out of my reach. It may take all of next year (and possibly some of 2014... shit), but it will happen.

Heavy GMs tomorrow night. And I spose I better do some more of those 45 degree back raises, fml.

No comments:

Post a Comment