Sunday, October 21, 2012

Events Training Saturday: Half-Assin It

shoulder warmup

1 Arm DB press (strict)
5 reps @ 25 kgs
3 reps @ 35 kgs
2 reps @ 45 kgs - wasn't going to move more than this today

Sled drag
25 meters @ 100 kgs + Christian
25 meters @ 140 kgs + Ash & Christian (I think)

Pfft. Barely anything got done today, though the sled drags with people sitting on it proved to be entertaining... there's a video or two floating around. I will see if I can take it from Facebook and add here.*

Can't deadlift or farmers walk, even though it doesn't hurt to perform these, I'm risking further displacement and possible dislocation. Definitely can't do log or axle work, no stones... and I tried the yoke. Not smart. Unless there's a way I can walk with it while bracing with only one arm, it's out too. But I will be learning to rack pull with a piece of apparatus that allows me to do it hands-free, and I'll be going heavy on squats (twice a week at different weight and rep schemes)... the templates are pretty good already, but I may mix things up (take it easier some weeks) with leg press.

Yep. I'm gonna leg press now and then. Come at me.

*I took this vid of Lee pulling Ash. Later on, I believe Ash also pulled Lee. Normally they do their pulling in the change rooms, and don't like to be filmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment