Thursday, October 25, 2012

Squat Thursday: Gassed Out Warming Up

Good mornings - heavy
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
6 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 140 kgs
4 reps @ 165 kgs PR

Squats w/cambered - light
12 reps @ 30 kgs
10 reps @ 70 kgs
10 reps @ 90 kgs
8 reps @ 110 kgs
1 reps @ 130 kgs - gassed

WELL, this one didn't go so well because I'm doing too much volume in my warmup sets. I need to use only 5 or even 3 rep sets building up to my mac effort stuff. Each time I'm alerted to a mistake like this, I wonder how I didn't see that before. Like my snatches, for instance.

Doing snatches with my good shoulder is a stupid idea, because for all the gains it provides (which realistically aren't much, if you're training Strongman) it's just going to risk further damage to my left side. Just because I currently can do it doesn't mean I should. And in my case, I certainly should not.

So I've put my dunce cap back on and am dropping snatches for 1-arm rows, pulldowns and triceps exercises. It's boring, but it's more effective and safer for me, and my tiny, tiny shoulder bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment