Sunday, October 14, 2012

Goals for 2013

I'm already looking at where I want to be this time next year. I have no choice, really. But it's good to just get some perspective on things. At the end of the day, my aim is to do better than I did the year before. So I took the following scorecard from the Strongfit page ... only it isn't quite right.
The card is intended to be a compilation of each competitors best scores for each event over the 2 qualifying rounds, and this unfortunately doesn't show my 365 kgs Yoke walk from round 2, my 250 kgs Deadlift from round 1, or my 130 kgs p/hand Farmers walk, also from round 2.

I should mention, I'm not sure how exactly the point scores are arrived at. It may be that my time with the 115 p/hand Farmers, being 3 or 4 seconds faster than my time with the 130 p/hand, made it a higher scoring event... and it may also be the case that my 350 yoke run - which I completed - scored higher than my run at 365, which I didn't. But I'm sure a 250 dead beats a 240 dead.

So for next year, keeping in mind I will need 4-6 months recovery time, I want to do the following:
1. 400+ kgs Yoke - get under it and move for more than a few paces (and some tarmac would be nice)
2. 110 kgs Log
3. 300+ kgs Deadlift - expectations haven't changed here, since I've been making solid progress in spite of the injury for months
4. 150 kgs p/hand Farmers walk - pretty much in the bag.

Yeah, these aren't exactly lofty ambitions. But I don't know just how much this rehab is going to cost me.

No comments:

Post a Comment