Thursday, November 1, 2012

Squat Thursday: Good Morning!

Good mornings
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 ks
5 reps @ 110 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs
8 reps @ 170 kgs PR

Squats - light
1 reps @ 150 kgs - started too heavy
3 reps @ 70 kgs
2 reps @ 70 kgs
10 reps @ 70 kgs
8 reps @ 110 kgs
8 reps @ 150 kgs

TONIGHT'S Good Mornings ended with one helluva personal best, which is evidence that the heavy/light, light/heavy approach is working. Not to mention, starting with GMs when they are on the "heavy" side of that combo is freeing up more energy. I went up 5 kilos, and 3 reps compared with last week. Not sure I would have had the reps in me if I'd done these second.

But the squats that followed felt all wrong immediately. I wasted energy fucking around with my form and scrutinising the box height. There was a small group of women running a Frontline circuit who needed to finish with some assisted pull-ups, and they were hoping to use the Hammer cage I was in. Truth be told, in the time I was dicking around, I felt like they could have been making better use of it than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment