Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Press Wednesday (& Another Fail Squat Monday)

6th May 2013

SQUAT MONDAY was another mess, for new and frustrating reasons. I've been attempting to train around my hip issue by narrowing my stance; my feet have been getting closer and closer together over the past few weeks. But the pain always resurfaces - if not while squatting, later that evening and the following day I'm typically in bad shape.

Well, monday I was squatting very narrow; narrower than my shoulders this time, in something approaching an Olympic stance. And at 170 kilos, it put a strain on my knees. My right knee - which was probably being used not quite 100% correctly, and compensating in some respects for the right hip - started to hurt and got a bit of fluid in it. Squatting now hurt going down and coming up. I tried another couple at 170 but had to can it.

8th May 2013

*shoulder warmup

DB OHP (strict)
left
8 reps @ 12 kgs
8 reps @ 15 kgs
5 reps @ 30 kgs
2 reps @ 45 kgs
6 reps @ 55 kgs PR
8 reps @ 20 kgs
right
8 reps @ 12 kgs
8 reps @ 15 kgs
8 reps @ 20 kgs
10 reps @ 25 kgs TPR

OHP w/thick swiss
5 reps @ 55 kgs
5 reps @ 60 kgs
5 reps @ 65 kgs
5 reps @ 70 kgs TPR

Pinwheelz
10 reps @ 20 kgs
10 reps @ 20 kgs
8 reps @ 22.5 kgs

TONIGHT was a solid session, thank jeebus. I really knew I didn't have a 7th rep in me of that 55, but 6 was enough for a new personal record. And I am way, way stronger on the right than I was in my last OHP session involving standing with the swiss bar.

So, as usual, there's good and bad happening here, at the same time. I gotta take what I can, and hold my breath for the rest. The GP I saw for the referral should have the results of the MRI tomorrow. I will share more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment