Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Press+ Tuesday: Focus

THREE months. There are three months remaining before the big end-of-year strongman comps in WA for 2018: Static Monsters Perth & the WA Strongman state championships. Time to get back into serious training. I feel like I've got everything on point, at this moment. I am eating well... too well, really. Lately my energy expenditure has not been matched by my intake, never mind exceeded. But I also feel properly 'rested'. Minor aches and pains (especially in forearms and elbows) have subsided. My back doesn't feel like it's constantly recovering from the previous week. And I'm averaging five to six hours of sleep a night, where I used to lie down for eight hours and only be asleep four.

Then last night I took a high dose melatonin tablet and slept better than I have in literally years. This bodes well for the future.

Training has also been going well since the last scare Quaid gave me. He's minding his business now, or seems to be. I've been keeping a low profile as my lifting has been largely unremarkable the last couple of months. But the regular axe-swings are tightening up my core, I think. I feel more stable when pressing now, but am still toying with the idea of wearing my soft Rehband belt for events like this.

I swapped to log last night, coz there's no point sticking with axle when Static Monsters is around the corner. I can't say I performed all these reps in quick time, but I did them. And I think it was either a technical or legit personal record for clean-presses at that weight, with either apparatus. I am actually looking forward to seeing how many reps I can get at 100 kilograms.

Press Events + Hypertrophy Tuesday July 31st
stretch
Log clean-press:
50 kg x 5
70 kg x 5
80 kg x 2 x 10 - was this a PR for reps?
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 5
90 kg x 12
Incline BB bench press:
67.5 kg x 10, 10, 6
DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kg x 3 x 10
super-set w/Axe swings (l&r):
plate 9 x 3 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
22.5 kg x 20, 20, 19
super-set w/HS bi-curls (l&r):
20 kg x 2 x 10
15 kg x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment