Monday, November 19, 2012

Squat Monday: Ow My Groin

Squats w/cambered
10 reps @ 30 kgs
6 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 150 kgs
1 reps @ 180 kgs
5 reps @ 200 kgs PR

Good mornings
10 reps @ 30kgs
10 reps @ 70kgs
10 reps @ 90kgs
10 reps @ 110kgs
10 reps @ 130kgs TPR

I MISSED what was to be my third squat set, at 110 kilos, and moved straight to 150 accidentally. Didn't notice it that much, actually. I might have to do this in future, providing I continue to be sufficiently warmed and stretched. It saved some energy, that's for sure. But I'm pissed off about that new PR. Why? Because I had to quit at 5 when my right lower abdomen felt like it was burning. This is something I've discussed with Dan before. He said it was related to weakness in the muscle there (and I've conveniently forgotten which muscle that is, specifically. And I know I could look it up in a second. Shut up and do it yourself), but definitely not a hernia. So I persisted until it became too much. I had another 2 or 3 reps in me, I guarantee it. Maybe even more.

Since I'm flying out at the crack of dawn Friday morning, other priorities will prevent me from training both Wednesday and Thursday nights this week. No matter. I'm looking forward to ASM and I expect it to be an awesome weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment