Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Rehab Don't Mean Light Weight

Good mornings (heavy)
10 reps @ 30 kgs
6 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs
1 reps @ 180 kgs
5 reps @ 200 kgs PR

Squats w/cambered (light)
10 reps @ 70 kgs
10 reps @ 90 kgs
10 reps @ 110 kgs TPR
6 reps @ 130 kgs

YEAH... I had a couple more reps in me. Each rep felt, and appeared to be, deeper than the last. Very happy with this effort, though disappointed in not being able to get more done.



I know, I know, I was supposed to perform Retarded Shannons tonight, along with DB OHP. I did heavy Good Mornings instead for two reasons;

1. Because I fucking wanted to, and
2. There is definitely something wrong with my left elbow. FML.

I'm hoping I can OHP the week I get back from New South Wales. I don't have time to get it checked out this side of the weekend - I leave Friday morning and my physio is in extremely high demand nowadays. It's not a new injury, and it's not something I'm overly worried about. Pretty sure it's tendinitis, or tennis elbow, or whatever. It's been jarred in the past, which causes the same problem, and it typically goes away in a few weeks (as long as I don't do anything stupid like concentration curls) but it's been exacerbated by that bout of arm-wrestling last weekend. Never again. Not after being advised by a mutual associate of his trials coming back from an injury sustained during some drunken arm-wrestling antics with his mates (sound familiar?). Oh, and this:
Anyway, no OHP for me tonight, and I ended my squats as soon as my form broke. The aim was to get 10 reps for every set while concentrating on my middle back rigidity when coming out of the hole; I tend to slump forward and let my stronger lower posterior drive me up (I guess like doing a Squat Morning lol) but I didn't realise just how much I relied on that until Rod - another Pit regular - was scrutinising my form two weeks back.

Rod was initially looking for pointers using the cambered bar, as he (like so many of us) has a shoulder injury he needs to work around. But he gave me some good pointers, and tonight I set about fixing this issue. I refrained from using my belt as I think there's too much disparity between the form I use without it in the lighter sets and how I end up squatting under heavy weight, while cinched in tight. Not that it got heavy enough to really consider using it this time. But for the future, I will try and stay 100% raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment