Monday, July 23, 2012

Squat Monday: Stick to the Program

Squats w/Mastodon
10 reps @ 60 kgs - I used a standard bar while another lifter finished with the heavy equipment
10 reps @ 70 kgs
8 reps @ 110 kgs
5x5
5 reps @ 125 kgs
5 reps @ 125 kgs
5 reps @ 125 kgs
5 reps @ 125 kgs
5 reps @ 125 kgs - 5 kilos more than last week

Good mornings w/cambered bar
10 reps @ 30 kgs
10 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs

VERY LOW on energy tonight, even though I spent sunday lazing around the house and gorging on anything I could find (and some things I went out of my to get, like ice cream cake). The day after a comp is the day I can eat whatever the hell I please. But I'm sticking with the new strategy of adding 5 kilograms per week on a 5x5 routine.

Tomorrow night OHP will be performed using the same structure, but I'm not sure if a weekly increase of 5 kilos will be sustainable. I may start out with 5 and drop to 2.5 when I'm getting close to my maxes. My next big comp is late September. If I get this right, I'll have built up to beat my maxes in the next 2 months - with no gassing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment