Saturday, July 14, 2012

Events Training Saturday: Morning Seminar at CrossFit Armed

SMWA held a Strongman training clinic at CrossFit Armed, Port Kennedy; a sleek and well-equipped training facility that caters for X-fit and MMA. It is also the host of next week's do-over of the Strongman National Qualifiers.

We were greeted by an enthusiastic crowd of participants, all keen to learn how to use the various apparatus involved in Strongman, and at least a couple of the people I met today were entering next week's qualifiers also.

We all got our training done alongside, and gave advice and assistance to the new folks, and several people surprised themselves with how well they could handle some pretty heavy-ass weight.

I should have more pictures etc to come.




Yoke walk
10 meters @ 205 kgs
10 meters @ 285 kgs
10 meters @ 325 kgs - think I dropped it just once
2-3 meters @ 365 kgs - piss-poor as usual, but at least no numbness or loss of uprightness

Log clean-press
3 reps @ 75 kgs
3 reps @ 85 kgs
1 reps @ 90 kgs
failed @ 100 kgs

Farmers walk
10 meters @ 80 kgs p/hand
10 meters @ 100
10 meters @ 120

I HAVE been twice now to see a physiotherapist called Stephen Hooper, at Body Genius near Perth city. He sticks needles in the places where I hurt, which sometimes cause me to spasm violently and are not pleasant, but I feel better later.

Thanks to these treatments to my neck and lower back (which suffered an injury last Sunday with the last big move and install of equipment) and only training OHP through the week while I rested up - I felt almost 100% today. Not to mention no numbness and no dizzy spells. Just some weak sauce yoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment