Saturday, July 21, 2012

1 Week From Round 2: Introspective Moment

I've been lazy with the recording of things this past week - mostly because I don't see the point when I'm not aiming for progression. This, of course, is the wrong attitude to have, because the de-loading I've been doing needs to be integrated into my regular routine every 6 or so weeks to prevent another burnout. Plus, the way I need to do it requires a bit of math to know what to load on the bar from one week to the next, so really, not recording this shit would just be stupid.

I've also been reticent to blog much because I've been frustrated with my condition lately. Hence the de-load, obviously, but I just didn't think it would last this long either. Heavy weight will make a cripple of me if I don't get smarter with my programming. I need to sort that, and one other thing. It's really time to shit or get off the pot when it comes to my body recomposition.

Weigh-in Time
Haven't had a proper look at my progression in a while. Since the end of March I've been losing an average of 1 kilogram per month. The process is still happening, but getting slower and slower while I try and keep strength and progression alive by eating more and more. If it remains at this rate, I should still be making my once highly-prioritised 120 kgs bodyweight by the end of 2012. The very end. But priorities have changed.

My overall goal here is to be walking around at a weight that will keep me in the under 125s for PL meets (which I hope to compete in more often in the future - they're a great way to test 2 of my big 3 periodically)  and it's been my intention these past 2 plus years to reach 265 lbs bodyweight. I'm very, very close... in fact close enough that, for all intents and purposes, I'm there already. Focusing so much on shedding the last 5 or 6 kgs is pointless.

Currently I weigh in at 125 - 126 kgs (275 - 278 lbs). Since first recording this passage I've made up my mind here. My cut is taking care of itself. I am gonna quit caring about it and focus 100% on eating for strength (a lot more tuna tins and chicken breasts in my immediate future).

Only 2 training sessions this past week, and half-sessions at that:

Tuesday July 17th
Squats w/Mastodon
12 reps @ 30 kgs
10 reps @ 70 kgs
8 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 120 kgs - 60% of Max
5 reps @ 120 kgs
5 reps @ 120 kgs
5 reps @ 120 kgs
5 reps @ 120 kgs

Wednesday
OHPress w/thick swiss
12 reps @ 35 kgs
10 reps @ 45 kgs
8 reps @ 55 kgs
5 reps @ 60 kgs - 60% of Max
5 reps @ 60 kgs
5 reps @ 60 kgs
5 reps @ 60 kgs

No comments:

Post a Comment