Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thursday Deadlift Focus - Gassed Out and Pissed Off

Deadlifts
10 reps @ 60 kgs
8 reps @ 100 kgs
6 reps @ 140 kgs
5 reps @ 180 kgs
FAIL @ 230 kgs
FAIL @ 210 kgs
2 reps @ 190 kgs

Pinwheels (weight p/DB) ...not sure why.
8 reps @ 40 kgs
6 reps @ 40 kgs
5 reps @ 35 kgs

Not even the Jack3d could save me from failure this evening. The motivation was there, but the strength clearly was not. I pretty much gassed after my attempt at 230 kgs... still my nemesis. It hung just below my knees for what felt like several seconds before I had to put it down.

I actually wanted to squat afterwards, and try and save some face, but the rack I'm used to was being used and the other ones with the pneumatic adjusters I'd not used before so didn't want to waste time dicking around. The pinwheels balanced my bra muscles with the triceps work I did last night.

I reckon I need a brief rest. I will probably skip events training on Saturday and just do some log work at home, then be ready for Squat Monday with a little more fuel in the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment