Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Press+ Tuesday: Getting Heavy

THE TWO main negatives to last night's press session were 1. my fucking right elbow refuses to incline press now, just generally, and 2. I need to pay more attention to stuff like asking for spotters. I jumped straight into my first money set on bench, and it wasn't till the second rep that I realised I should have done this and actually freaked myself out enough to re-rack the bar instead of finishing the triple. Stupid. So I took a minute, then recruited Yianni and Ben to spot my next two sets. The very last rep was a grind, but I got it, so happy enough about this. Due to the missed rep, it wasn't a legit technical PR though.

What's gonna be real fun is the paused doubles of 150 I have programmed for next week... and strict overhead-pressing a 110 kilo axle for triples.

The gym was practically empty. Towards the end of the night I noticed Ben in the corner messing around with the Stand or Submit competition log, so I asked him if he wanted some pointers. "Sure," he said. 60 seconds, and he was clean-pressing with almost perfect technique.

It's not rocket science, but it is a skill, and hugely satisfying for me each time I share it with someone new.

PRESS+ Tuesday May 29th
stretch
Axle OHP (strict):
40 kg x 10
65 kg x 5
85 kg x 3
100 kg x 4 x 4 PR
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 5
100 kg x 3
120 kg x 1
140 kg x 2, 3, 3
Incline BB press:
75 kg x 5
Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 4 x 15
super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kg x 4 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
40 kg x 3 x 10
35 kg x 10
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
15 kg x 4 x 10
cardio:
assault bike 5 minutes @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment