Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Press+ Tuesday: Back



THINGS have not been going as planned. I was sick for reasons I don't care to relive just now, and missed over a week of training. I was already behind. But it feels like the down time actually did me some good. I am feeling strong and looking forward to pulling 285 for more reps than I've ever done before on Thursday night.


Tonight I did more reps than I've ever done with a 90 kilo axle, and almost as many reps as I've ever done with a 130 kilo bench. My best was 13, touch and go, so not a fair comparison with tonight's presses, which were properly paused and periodised.


I have found that the issue with my right elbow refuses to go away, so I've swapped back to barbell incline press over dumbbell, which aggravated it the most. This did leave me with less power than anticipated, so I lowered the weight a bit on Hammer Strength press to complete the required reps.


And cardio. I don't do enough cardio, coz it's soooo boring. But I need to. The older and heavier I get, the more important it becomes.


PRESS+ Tuesday 22nd May
stretch
Axle OHP (strict):
40 kg x 10
65 kg x 4
90 kg x 4 x 5 PR
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 5
100 kg x 3
130 kg x 4 x 3 TPR
Incline B.B. press:
(swapped back due to R elbow issue)
60 kg x 10
75 kg x 10
90 kg x 9
Triceps pushdowns:
Full stack x 4 x 15
Super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kg x 4 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
40 kg x 2 x 10
35 kg x 2 x 10
Super-set w/HS bi curls (l&r):
15 kg x 4 x 10
Cardio:
Assault bike 5 mins @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment