Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Events Saturday & Press+ Tuesday

ALLOWING the hammie strain to fully heal while also getting a bunch of extra-curricular things done over the last two weeks has made me estranged from the gym. But Saturday I finally kick-started what will be consistent SM events training leading up to Static Monsters Perth (October 28th at PTC Perth), and of course the WASM state championships for 2018 (date and venue tbd).

I have learned from my last attempt at increasing my previous max reps with a pretty heavy weight by one hundred percent, and so did not attempt a fourth set of axle OHP tonight. Two weeks after I began this axle press program, I added an extra set because I was handling the volume comfortably. Now the loading is forcing me to drop that set and return to the template as originally written. This is not a bad thing.

I also discovered that, if I keep the weight low and stick with barbell incline press, the elbow doesn't complain. So I'm going to start training this movement in serious hypertrophy rep ranges of 15 to 20 reps per set while keeping the weight between 60 and 90 kilograms. I am also going to do something similar with Hammer Strength chest presses; 20 rep sets.

Thanks to Shaun and Anthony for spotting me tonight on the bench. That final paused rep of 150 took a long time to lock out, but I got it.

Quaid is feeling odd. During triceps pushdowns I felt some discomfort in my abdomen. So I thought I should probably start doing those core and oblique flexibility exercises I was doing years ago, in an effort to keep him from popping out more.

PRESS+ Tuesday 12th June
stretch
Axle OHP (strict):
40 kg x 10
60 kg x 5
80 kg x 3
100 kg x 1
110 kg x 3 x 3 PR
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 5
100 kg x 3
120 kg x 2
140 kg x 1
150 kg x 2 x 2 TPR
Incline BB press:
60 kg x 20
Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 4 x 15
super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kg x 4 x 10
Axe-swings (l&r):
plate 8 x 3 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
20 kg x 3 x 20
super-set w/HS bi curls (l&r):
15 kg x 3 x 10
Cardio:
bike 5 mins @ +50 rpm

EVENTS Saturday 9th June
stretch
Lion method week 1
Yoke walk:
130 kg x 2 x 20 meters
210 kg x 2 x 20 meters
270 kg x 5 x 20 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment