Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Pull+ Tuesday: 275 kilos x 4 x 4

THIS amount of volume, at this weight, is a lot more than I've ever done before. I know I have said this already but it continues to surprise and excite me to look back on my previous numbers with the knowledge that I'm going to finally break my 1RM record of 340 if I can just keep this routine on track and keep hitting the mark.


The first set of 275, and all the sets prior, I performed without a belt. After the single of 225 I did briefly contemplate trying 255 double overhand but decided against it. I needed to keep focussed on what I was doing. I am pretty confident I'd get 240... maybe more.


On the third rep of my first money set, I didn't properly reposition the bar before the pull. I paid for it with what felt like a mild lumbar strain as I wrenched it back to my shins on the way up. Not serious enough to deter me from finishing them.


During the Hammer Strength seated rows, though, a familiar irritation developed in my right forearm. It felt very much like a distally strained bicep tendon. Since I've been down that road, and this was now warning two for the session, I decided to finish up after just a couple of sets.


PULL+ Tuesday May 8th
stretch
Deadlifts:
75 kg x 10
125 kg x 5
175 kg x 3
225 kg x 1
255 kg x 1
275 kg x 4 x 4 PR
Meadows rows (l&r):
52.5 kg x 3 x 10
HS seated rows (p/h):
52.5 kg x 2 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment