Thursday, March 29, 2018

Events+ Thursday: Friggin' Push-Press

I LEARNED tonight that my right arm doesn't work when it comes to dumbbell clean press. There's some issue with the muscle in the forearm. My right elbow literally cannot press from that position. Having said that, tonight I had some success with the left arm, and the push-press.


I know, right?


The second clean-press I performed with the 60 kilo DB I have to admit was a gimme; I half-pushed, half-strict-pressed it and it took a long time to lock it out... enough. Considering my track record with DB press (and push-pressing in general), this is still progress. Regardless, this will be - by far - my weakest event on the day.


The day of the comp, I will need reminders to do things. Like eat. When I have anxiety I lose my appetite, and when I'm focussed I forget to eat. It's a bad combination. You'd think a person who looks like me has always eaten big and often, but you'd be wrong. I also need to remember to not showboat with the deadlift and use straps, so I save my grip for the carry events. But overall I'm feeling extremely confident about next Saturday.


EVENTS+ Thursday March 29th
stretch
'Monster' DB clean-press:
25 kg x 4
35 kg x 3
45 kg x 2
60 kg x 2 PR
Axle OHP (strict):
40 kg x 10
70 kg x 10
80 kg x 10
Farmers walk (p/h):
70 kg x 2 x 20 meters
100 kg x 2 x 20 meters
130 kg x 2 x 20 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment