Friday, March 2, 2018

Press+ Thursday: The Ides of March



ALTHOUGH tonight's training didn't go completely as planned, the improvisations I made were effective. My right elbow objected strongly to dumbbell clean-presses... I tried dropping the weight, but it just didn't want to cooperate. Other presses were not nearly as badly affected by this, but it still didn't feel quite right, so I didn't go for the intended max-effort 115 kilogram overhead or bench press. Next week.
 

While some of the loadings were much lighter than planned, this wasn't a de-load session. My arms and shoulders feel utterly destroyed.

This month I begin my 38th year of existence. This morning my Fitbit scales told me I was 136 kilos body weight and 26% body fat. And tonight, as I was finishing up, Sen said my arms were looking huge. Excuse enough, I thought, and went to the bathroom for a cheeky selfie or two. 




PRESS+ Thursday March 1st
stretch
warmup DB incline press (p/h):
15 kg x 10
DB clean-press (strict - left only):
30 kg x 2 x 5 red Fatgripz
40 kg x 8 blue Fatgripz
Axle OHP (strict):
30 kg x 10
50 kg x 10
60 kg x 10
70 kg x 10
80 kg x 7
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 5
80 kg x ME 14
45 degree incline DB press (p/h):
25 kg x 8
30 kg x 8
Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 15, 15, 10
super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kg x 3 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
50 kg x 6
40 kg x 2 x 10
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
20 kg x 3 x 10



No comments:

Post a Comment