Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Events Tuesday: New Legs

I HAVE to give huge props to Ceri, my physiotherapist, for the hour of dry needling she administered yesterday. All but ten minutes of it was spent producing some of the most violent and painful spasms I've ever experienced in my vastus lateralis & medialis obliques, rectus femoris, adductors... well, pretty much the whole of both legs from above the knees. Then she stabbed the knees too, before finishing off with a few efficacious needles to my forearms, which I didn't think there would be enough time for and had advised Ceri that they not a priority, but she ensured they got some treatment too.


I woke the next day feeing like a new man. Ha! Kidding. Dry needling isn't that good. However, my legs were feeling like they were ready to cooperate again, so I took off to PTC for an events session. I knew I wouldn't get the chance this weekend as the gym will be full of spectators and athletes for this year's GPC state powerlifting championships. Plus today was my last day of leave... so I thought I'd try something different: yoke, farmers and sack medleys!


I had planned a final run with the comp loadings but after these three I knew I wouldn't be able to complete it... didn't barf, but it was a close thing. I shall hit these events again next week. My next session is going to be press... and then, after my lower body has sufficiently recovered from today, I can begin deadlifting once more. That is, I think, the most exciting thing on my calendar for the next week or two.


EVENTS Tuesday February 20th


Yoke walk: 130 kg x 2 x 20 meters
Farmers walk (p/h): 30 kg x 2 x 20 meters
Sack carry: 105 kg x 20 meters


Yoke walk: 210 kg x 20 meters
Farmers walk (p/h): 70 kg x 2 x 20 meters
Sack carry: 105 kg x 20 meters


Yoke walk: 290 kg x 20 meters
Farmers walk (p/h): 100 kg x 2 x 20 meters
Sack carry: 105 kg x 20 meters

No comments:

Post a Comment