Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Press+ Tuesday: Last Session Before Qualifiers

LAST WEEKEND'S clinic - my second last training session before the WASM qualifier - was as agonising as it was short-lived. After just a few laps with the yoke at very manageable loadings I got arthritis in both knees so severe I couldn't do anything at all. There was no position I could sit or stand in that would alleviate the excruciating pain. It's never been as bad as it was that day. I waited for the pain to abate but it wouldn't let up, so I went home to mega-dose Tramadol and pass out in my chair.



Tuesday night I was determined to squat and again fate determined differently. My left VMO, which I strained the last time I squatted, is still not great. Rather than aggravating it further so close to game day I moved to cambered bar good mornings, which I haven't done in a very long time. They felt great considering how long it's been and they got my lower back pumped & prepped for this coming weekend's pick and carry events.


This is it. Now I rest, eat and wait for Saturday.


PRESS+ Tuesday April 3rd
stretch
Squats w/cambered bar:
50 kg x 10
Good mornings w/cambered bar:
50 kg x 10
90 kg x 10
110 kg x 10
130 kg x 10
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 8
100 kg x 3
120 kg x 9 - shoulda tried for one more
45 degree Incline DB press (p/h):
25 kg x 5
35 kg x 3
42.5 kg x 10 PR
Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 3 x 20 TPR
super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kg x 3 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
50 kg x 10, 8, 6
super-set w/HS bi curls (l&r):
20 kg x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment