Monday, March 26, 2018

Pull+ Monday: Deadlifting Again

I HAVEN'T deadlifted in over six weeks. The hip complaint that stopped me from heading to the Arnolds this year has pretty much fixed itself, and now that it's good again I have confirmed my entry in the WASM qualifier, April 7th: two weeks away. One of the events is a 225 kilo standard bar deadlift for max reps in one minute. So for comp prep, tonight I did 10 reps in about 50 seconds, no straps, no belt. I quit before my grip failed... now I know where that point is, I may decide to use straps on the day. I should consider keeping my grip strength for the other pick and carry events.

Hit a few new personal records tonight also. I should be happier about this. Instead I'm planning the next session.

PULL+ Monday March 26th
stretch
Deadlifts:
75 kg x 10
125 kg x 5
175 kg x 3
225 kg x 10 no straps, no belt, no worries
Meadows rows (l&r):
60 kg x 3 x 8
HS seated rows (p/h):
60 kg x 3 x 10
Seated row machine (underhand):
full stack x 3 x 15 PR
Face-pulls:
plate 11 x 4 x 20 PR
super-set w/DB side raises (p/h):
10 kg x 4 x 10 PR
Cardio:
Assault bike 5 minutes @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment