Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Squat Monday: 1st January 2018

Starting the new year right.

Like most people, I've had several days of boozy celebration which I now need to offset with a vigorous return to training. I began with some cambered bar squats. Experienced lifters know that squatting is a valuable exercise regardless of your sport. While I will not be competing in any three lift meets for the foreseeable future, a stronger squat means a stronger deadlift, stone pick, axle clean... in fact it directly or indirectly benefits virtually every exercise or event requiring lower body strength. So dropping them from my routine would be a bad idea. Instead I squeeze into a rack and use my old mate, the cambered bar, to get the job done.

SQUAT Monday 1st January 2018
stretch & foam roll

Squats w/cambered bar:
50 kgs x 10
90 kgs x 6
130 kgs x 4
170 kgs x 10 no belt TPR?

Hamstring curls:
40 kgs x 10
50 kgs x 3 x 10

HS calf raises:
40 kgs x 4 x 15

Cardio:
bike 5 mins @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment