Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Press+ Wednesday: Poking the Bear

SO THAT lower back complaint I've been nursing is still with me. I may have exacerbated it with my training this week, so will be laying off deadlifts for a little while longer. I thought I would be able to press without any issue, but after the axle overhead presses I knew for certain I had a lumbar strain. It's a very familiar pain. I did my incline presses after this but the issue worsened so I scrapped the rest of the routine. More treatment needed, and I will be sorting it in the coming days. The upside is I think I hit some technical personal records today, in spite of this. But I can't afford to keep temping fate. I will be postponing all training for a week or so.


PRESS+ Wednesday January 3rd
stretch


Bench press (paused):
bar x 10
60 kgs x 5
100 kgs x 2
115 kgs x 1
130 kgs x 7 TPR?


Axle OHP (strict):
30 kgs x 10
60 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 9 TPR?


Incline press:
70 kgs x 4 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment