Saturday, January 27, 2018

Pull+ Saturday: 270 kilo DL x 7

ONE LESS repetition than I had programmed at this weight, but I'm still pretty sure this is a new personal record. I am going to trawl back through my blog to confirm this later, but my previous bests for reps (that I can bring to mind now) are: 250 for pretty much 10, 260 for 8, 280 for 6 and 300 for 5. I don't honestly recall what my previous best was at this weight. It's possible this is equal to what I've done before, in 2015 or '16. If that is the case, what makes this time around better is that I didn't rely on straps.


Brian saw me pull the penultimate single of 230 double-overhand and was curious to know what my heaviest pull was with that grip. I told him that, with a barbell, I'd pulled 230 for a double and 220 for a triple, but I've not tested it beyond that range coz the next jump in weight is usually well more than what would be manageable. I often use deadlift sessions as further opportunities to work grip strength but without sacrificing the purpose of the exercise.


Alec, Kyle, Ryan and Kong were already in the middle of training when I arrived today and while the events (and date) for the first WASM qualifier for 2018 are not yet known, the crew are already ramping up their events work in preparation. I am looking forward to joining them for the full treatment once the Arnolds is done.


PULL PLUS Saturday January 27th
stretch
Deadlifts:
80 kgs x 10
130 kgs x 5
180 kgs x 3
230 kgs x 1 - double o/hand, no belt
270 kgs x 7 PR
Meadows rows (l&r):
45 kgs x 3 x 10
HS seated rows (p/h):
50 kgs x 3 x 10
Seated row machine (u/hand):
full stack x 3 x 10
super-set w/Face-pulls:
plate 11 x 20, 15, 15 PR
DB side raises (p/h):
12.5 kgs x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment