Monday, January 15, 2018

Pull+ Monday: Arnolds Prep Starts Now

TONIGHT I officially began my prep, and I started with a new personal record: 260 kilograms for 9.

Things I did right: all nine reps were sans straps, all were fully locked out with no hitching/ramping, none was stiff-legged... though my dominant back began to take over on the last few.

Things I did wrong: I forgot my socks, I allowed the bar to roll too far out in front of me on the third rep, which threw my balance off and I had to wrench it back to my thighs mid-lift. And there was next to zero bar control on descent. I also had to reset the spin locks at about the sixth repetition, or risk plates sliding off the bar before I was done. This has happened to me too often, I couldn't afford to let it screw with me. The plates all stayed on but it cost me time.

This was a new personal record for total reps in one set at that weight. And while I really, really didn't want to try, I reckon I could have pulled a tenth one after a bunch more frantic breaths. I am happy with this. It's been weighing on my mind (pardon the pun) for weeks now. I couldn't afford to come in to this session still recovering from the lower back injury I sustained a fortnight ago. I couldn't afford to be undernourished from not eating enough during the day, or pre-fatigued from lack of sleep. Sleep especially has been an issue of late, as the below chart demonstrates.
Most nights I register less than two hours sleep.
 PULL+ Monday January 15th
stretch

Deadlifts:
80 kgs x 8
130 kgs x 5
180 kgs x 3
230 kgs x 1
260 kgs x 9 PR

Meadows rows (l&r):
45 kgs x 3 x 10

HS rows (p/h):
50 kgs x 3 x 10

Seated rows:
full stack x 3 x 10

Face-pulls:
plate 11 x 3 x 20 PR

super-set w/DB side raises (p/h):
12.5 kgs x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment