Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Training Update: Holy Shit, That's a PR

THIS last week of training has been pretty solid. I got back under a yoke for the first time in several months, aggravating my right ankle which is still feeling the effects of those fractures I put in it last year. This, in addition to the state of my knees, has caused me to put off squatting till later this week. I may have to return to fortnightly squatting, but soon I will begin deadlifting again (and I'm counting the fucking days) so I'll have more variety to keep me interested. Not that I'm bored currently. Not at all.


In spite of the fact that I'm rehabbing, I'm still progressing. Granted, I haven't used periodization in my press routines very much, but 24 reps of an 80 kilo axle is definitely more than I've done in one session before, and a full set more than I had programmed. Now I need to rewrite the template. I'm also breaking new ground with some accessories, like face pulls... and I'm no longer using reduced loadings on the left arm.


In fact, with the exception of bicep curls (which I'm keeping to the left arm only), the rest of my programming will be back to normal by the end of the month.


Core & Cardio - Wednesday April 26th
Assault bike: 10 minutes @ 50 rpm
Stretch


Yoke walk:
130 kgs x 2 x 20 meters
210 kgs x 2 x 20 meters
250 kgs x 2 x 20 meters


Axe swings:
L&R Plate 6 x 4 x 10


Assault bike: 5 minutes @ 50 rpm


Press Etc - Tuesday May 2nd
Assault bike: 5 minutes @ 50 rpm
Stretch & foam roll


Bench press:
20 kgs x 10
60 kgs x 5
80 kgs x 2
90 kgs x ME 14 - on track for 130 x 10


Axle OHP:
30 kgs x 8
60 kgs x 3
80 kgs x 4 x 6 PR - one more set than programmed!


DB biceps curls (left only):
10 kgs x 4 x 10


DB front raises:
9 kgs x 4 x 10 TPR


super-set w/Face pulls:
Plate 9 x 4 x 20 PR


Triceps pushdowns:
Full stack x 15, 12, 10


super-set w/HS chest press:
30 kgs p/h x 10, 10, 9

No comments:

Post a Comment