Sunday, May 14, 2017

Alm Sunday

Bicep scrutiny
THE FOURTH training session this week means I'm definitely out of the slow lane and back on the road to getting stronger. Today I wanted to dick around with a selection of new exercises that I pilfered from Tim. Tim has been displaying some enormous upper body mass of late, and since my own has withered a little over the rehab period, I figured I'd ask for some details on his current program.


I actually attempted some dips with the new Hammer Strength apparatus but that lack of cartilage in my right shoulder still makes this movement prohibitive. Most of the other stuff I did - beginning with Meadows rows - I cribbed straight from Tim's template. There would have been some DB flys too, but again, my shoulder (the left one, this time) does not like those at all. Likely the bursitis. No matter; by the time I was done my arms felt thoroughly blitzed. This is the first time I've programmed a session purely around a body part since, like, 2012. And I've never trained *just* arms before. That's brah trainer stuff. Well, that's always been my attitude on the subject. But right now I think a bit more arm-specific training is warranted.


SUNDAY May 14th
Cardio: assault bike 5 minutes @ 50 rpm
Stretch
Meadows rows (l&r):
20 kgs x 4 x 10
Seated French press:
30 kgs x 4 x 10
DB front raises:
9 kgs p/h x 4 x 10
super-set w/Triceps pushdowns:
Full stack x 4 x 20
HS seated curls (l&r):
10 kgs x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment