Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Making a Mess of the Press

TONIGHT was a little disappointing. It's not going to jeopardise the entire program, what I did. But it wasn't the right thing to do. The right thing to do was 13 reps of 100 kilos on bench - 13 reps only. I misread the template and busted out 12, racked it, realised I'd fucked it up, and pressed it for a double less than a minute later. Then, a minute later, I did another double. And another double a minute after that.


Why did I do this? Because I was pissed about missing that last repetition. But I should have stopped after the first double and this is why, when it came to axle overhead press, I couldn't perform the required reps. Not by a long shot.


When I knew it was done I dropped the weight to 55 and repped it out. As I said, this won't have ruined the program as it's still early. But I learned a valuable lesson tonight about sticking to what I've set for myself.


Assault bike: 5 minutes @ 50 rpm
Stretch


Bench press:
bar x 10
60 kgs x 6
80 kgs x 4
90 kgs x 2
100 kgs x 12, 2, 2, 2 FAIL


Axle OHP:
35 kgs x 8
65 kgs x 4
75 kgs x 2
85 kgs x 4, 3, 2 FAIL


DB front raises:
9 kgs p/h x 4 x 10 TPR


superset w/Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 4 x 20


HS chest press:
30 kgs p/h x 4 x 8
55 kgs x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment