Thursday, January 10, 2013

Squat Thursday: Maximum Effort, Minimum Calories

Squats w/cambered
*no belt
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 130 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs
1 reps @ 170 kgs
3 reps @ 190 kgs TPR

Good mornings

8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 90 kgs
3 reps @ 110 kgs
1 reps @ 130 kgs
10 reps @ 150 kgs TPR

The first squat at 190 was good enough. The second was shit house - I did  everything wrong except the depth, so I made sure the third one was solid. And that felt like the last one I'd manage with proper form, so I racked it and saved some herbs for the GMs, which were all to proper depth and a personal record by 2 reps at that weight. 

I got into another 'discussion' with Dan and Ash regarding my desire to get my bodyweight to around 120 kilograms. They were opposed to it, but I screamed at them "It's my body, I'll do what I want!!" and that was the end of it.

Later Ash had a cry about how I keep picking on him in my blog, because I told him that one of my legions of readers (pfft) messaged me that he'd seen the video and now understood why I hate Ash so much, with the way he was behaving while I tried no-arms yoke.

He hasn't yet found out that this was just a story I made up to hurt his feelings. It worked quite well, which made me happy. Because I hate Ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment