Monday, January 14, 2013

Squat Monday: Wet, Slippery Maxes

Squats w/cambered
*no belt
10 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs
1 reps @ 170 kgs
4 reps @ 190 kgs PR

Good mornings
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 90 kgs
3 reps @ 110 kgs
1 reps @ 130 kgs
11 reps @ 150 kgs PR

THE HUMIDITY tonight was ridiculous. The Pit's evaporative aircon just blew more moisture into the atmosphere. The bar was slick, my clothes were soaked through, my towel was heavy with the sweat it had collected. And I wasn't even half way done.

Form was better on the squats tonight, but still not great. I was going to call this a 'technical' PR on account of having done more reps at this weight - and heavier - in the recent past. But I had been using a belt. Tonight there was no belt. Even my pissweak velcro knee sleeves failed me (they were too wet, and just broke apart as my knees bent) and with only the two litres of milk I'd consumed that day and my pre-WO drink to fuel me through this hot rock sauna of a session, I still managed over 4 plates per side, 4 reps, to depth, and completely RAW.

Seems legit enough to be considered a new PR.

The GMs, though, they were even more punishing, and definitely new ground broken. I've never done more than ten reps of anything that heavy, so going to eleven is a new PR for sure. I wish I'd gotten some scrutiny on my form though, as I felt I wasn't hitting quite enough depth towards the end.

Really hoping Wednesday night's OHP session is cooler and therefore less sweaty. It's time to try that 50 kilo DB again. I want 6 reps. I NEED 6 reps. Grip is going to be an issue.

And where the fuck has all the chalk gone, while we're on the subject??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment