Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Push/Pull Wednesday: That's Not How You Do Back Raises, Percy

(not) 45 degree back raises
10 reps
5 reps + 28 kilo KB
3 reps + 32 kilo KB
1 reps + 40 kilo KB
12 reps + 50 kilo plate PR ...but so what :-/

Shoulder warmup

1-arm DB press
8 reps @ 20 kgs
5 reps @ 30 kgs
3 reps @ 40 kgs
FAIL @ 50 kgs
7.5 reps @ 45 kgs equal to best effort

1-arm Kroc rows
5 reps @ 60 kgs
3 reps @ 70 kgs
1 reps @ 80 kgs
6 reps @ 100 kgs PR

WELL... this is, after all, why I asked Gabor to film me in the first place. Not to show off at all... I wanted to see how it looked, and bugger me but it looked terrible.

The problem is, I'm not actually doing the correct exercise for that piece of equipment. I'm recruiting the glutes and hamstrings too much, and not isolating my lower back... because I don't want to hit my lower back. I need Wednesday nights to NOT work my lower back even more. That's the fucking point.

So I'll be abandoning this apparatus and using the glute and ham raise machine, like I should have been doing all along. I'll also try not to make too many more videos of me embarrassing myself.
 
I'm probably not recovered from the bench work I did on the weekend. This is, at least, how I'm explaining yet another disappointing OHP session. That and Dan was being a dickhead, which is something I've kinda missed while he's been away from the Pit, doing yoga or pilates, or whatever it is he's been buying so much Lulu Lemon merchandise for. I forget now what it's called.

The Kroc rows were mediocre; I had to construct the 100 kilo DB from a bar and a bunch of 10 and 15 kilo plates, which were, really, too large for a decent range of motion. The bar was also a regular, thin bar, so my grip wasn't challenged. That made these the first M.E. Krocs I've done in ages which fatigued my muscles before my grip gave out. It's good, but I need a better dumbbell.

Oh, and Steve. Yeah, Steve demanded that I make mention of him in my blog, as he considers himself pretty important. There you go Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment