Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wednesday Press Focus: Back to the Bar

OHP strict w/barbell
10 reps @ 20 kgs
6 reps @ 60 kgs - mis-loaded the bar here, so thought this was 50,
3 reps @ 80 kgs - and this was 70. Clap.
5 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 75 kgs
0 reps @ 90 kgs
1 reps @ 85 kgs

Bench press flat
10 reps @ 60 kgs
8 reps @ 80 kgs
5 reps @ 100 kgs
3 reps @ 110 kgs

Dips
5 reps @ BW+17 kgs chains PR
6 reps @ BW
5 reps @ BW

Pinwheelz
10 reps @ 35 kgs

RETURNING to the standard barbell for the next 3 weeks is causing some weakness while I adjust. The session tonight trailed off into more discussion with the group and I couldn't be bothered sticking around for pinwheelz. No big loss there.

I've been eating like a pig since the comp ended, with burgers and ice cream, and indian desserts (I've recently re-discovered a dish called gulaab jamun, which I now crave weekly and are definitely NOT Paleo) so I may well be closer to 130 kgs bodyweight now. I haven't checked since the morning of the comp. I weighed 126.5 kgs / 279 lbs then. So close to my desired weight now! And I'm not sacrificing anything in terms of my progression; things have been going well, on the whole. I need to step things up between now and late July, though, when the second round of qualifiers will be held.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment