Monday, June 18, 2012

16th Events Training and 18th Squats: More Much-Needed Deload

Saturday


Yoke walk
15 meters @ 205 kgs
15 meters @ 205 kgs
15 meters @ 285 kgs
15 meters @ 285 kgs
15 meters @ 295 kgs - this was the slowest and most painful walk I can remember ever doing @ <300 kgs!

Log Clean-press
5 reps @ 50 kgs
4 reps @ 70 kgs
1 reps @ 90 kgs
1 reps @ 90 kgs - Fatboy
1 reps @ 90 kgs - Fatboy

200 felt like 300 on the yoke today. I didn't realise how beaten I still am from last weekend. Geoff Parry from Seven news came by in the cold and wet to meet Dan and schedule an interview, which is a pretty amazing development. It's a sign interest in the sport is growing, and Dan is on his way to what can only be described as stardom.

After the log work, when I was finally getting more comfortable with push-pressing Fatboy for more than 1 fluke rep per session, Dan then had me clean it and hold for several seconds while he scrutinised my form. Turns out I'm bending at the wrist on my weak side and I need to be using my wraps more effectively.

Monday

Squats w/Mastodon
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs
3 reps @ 170 kgs

Good mornings w/cambered
8 reps @ 30 kgs
8 reps @ 70 kgs
5 reps @ 110 kgs
5 reps @ 140 kgs

DEPTH was better on both squats and GMs tonight, but again everything felt heavier than it should, and while I went in confidant of going heavier than I did - perhaps even repping 200 for 3, it just wasn't to be. Plus, I'm not keeping my knees out on ascension for some reason. Another technique issue that needs fixing.

No comments:

Post a Comment