Tuesday, October 3, 2017

PULL Monday: Like a Zombie

I HADN'T slept properly for a week. Lack of sleep is not good... I'm pretty sure I ran a red light on Sunday. Last night I lumbered into the gym and did half my Pull Plus routine in a fugue state. Dale tried several times to communicate some basic thing to me (like 'good lifting') and for several moments I just looked at him blankly, not comprehending. I think we talked about CPAP machines for a bit before I threw the towel in, with twelve more sets left to do. More sleep needed. I am no longer stalled, at least. Just moving very slowly.

And the ply is sorted; I collected it from Bunnings before heading to training. Now I just need to construct the platforms. That, I think, is the final piece to Static Monsters. The banner is bought and in production. The medals are also in production and should be ready for collecting early next week. I have 300 additional kilograms worth of plates, purchased just for this event. The regulation logs and axle are being provided by PTC Strongman, and the Wonderboy Steve van Steytler has generously offered to loan us a bunch more weight, ensuring a +400 kilogram deadlift can be accommodated on the day.

The smell of fresh cut wood permeated my van during the drive home. This, and the knowledge that everything is slowly coming together, are maybe why I slept a little better last night.

PULL Monday October 2nd
stretch & foam roller
Deadlifts:
75 kgs x 10
125 kgs x 5
175 kgs x 3
225 kgs x 2
275 kgs x 2 x 4
Bent-over barbell rows (overhand):
115 kgs x 3 x 10 - these were shit
HS seated rows p/h (neutral):
50 kgs x 3 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment