Thursday, October 5, 2017

PRESS+ Wednesday: Fat & Healthy

Sweet pic.

GETTING my training back on track after crashing out from sleeplessness last week. I still have a log press and a squat session I need to get done this week if I want to keep to the program. The program is all. I have to improve my total. I must strengthen my bench, overhead press and deadlift.

I've had this mantra going in my head for so long that it didn't dawn on me till this session that I am now benching heavy with no shoulder pain. None. And I've been doing so for some weeks. Much like some of the injuries I sustain, I didn't notice it at the time. Pain-free benching is something I've not been able to do since August 2015; it has taken literally years, but the rotator cuff tears have finally healed, and whatever was bothering my bursa isn't bothering it anymore.

I am pretty happy about this, and about how healed, healthy and strong my body is feeling in general right now at 140 kilos, give or take. Must be time to fuck it up again.

That was a joke.

PRESS+ Wednesday October 4th
stretch
Bench press (paused):
bar x 10
60 kgs x 5
95 kgs x 3
125 kgs x 4 x 4
Incline bench press:
80 kgs x 2 x 10, 8
DB front raise (p/h):
10 kgs x 10
12.5 kgs x 2 x 10
EZ bar skull-crushers:
35 kgs x 3 x 10
super-set w/Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 20, 15, 10
HS chest press (p/h):
40 kgs x 3 x 10 - misload, shoulda been 42.5
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
20 kgs x 3 x 10
Cardio:
assault bike 5 mins @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment