Wednesday, October 11, 2017

PRESS+ Wednesday: On the Boil

THIS morning I drove to O'Connor to collect the medallions I commissioned for Static Monsters. Les dropped off the platforms the night before. They are even better than I'd hoped; he improved on my basic design by adding handles and reinforcing both platforms with nearly 150 screws each. These things are heavy and will last for a long time.


The medals are awesome. I actually got a few messages from people over east who either have run or are about to run comps, asking where I'd gotten them made. The thing I'm most excited about, however, is the banner. For this I approached the one and only Brad Humble of Bunbury, on advice from the Ruccis. Brad will be delivering it himself when he's in Perth in a week or so.


Last weekend at the clinic, the crew had a play around with the new plates, and I had another play with them while log pressing on Sunday. I am really looking forward to October 28th! But I still have plenty of things to tick off my checklist before the big day rolls around... getting stronger being just one of them. Getting more sleep would be another.


PRESS+ Wednesday October 11th
stretch
Bench press (paused):
bar x 10
60 kgs x 5
90 kgs x 3
110 kgs x 1
132.5 kgs x 3 x 4
Incline bench press:
80 kgs x 2 x 10, 9 TPR
DB front raises (p/h):
10 kgs x 10
12.5 kgs x 2 x 10
EZ bar skull-crushers:
40 kgs x 10, 6, 6
super-set w/Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 20, 15, 10

No comments:

Post a Comment