Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Pull+ Tuesday: Aces High!

THIS program is starting to get serious. Now I'm beginning to feel the effect of the elevated pull height. I'm really looking forward to getting up to 3 x 8 at 200 kilos, from the same deficit. I hope to complete them all - or as many as possible - double overhand. That will be a new personal record for me, in terms of grip strength. Also total reps at that weight. And this is my first time doing deficit deads... so a bunch of new personal records will be made by the end of this program. By that stage, I can safely assume the tendon is as strong as it ever was, and I can start working on my 1RM again. Just in time for the GPC Perth Cup.

I only programmed three sets of eight reps of bent-over rows for this session, but did a fourth (again, with a little body language on the last few reps) because I felt like I could, and not trying would have been a cop-out.

I needed something to help me finish up the session with five minutes of boring-ass cardio. Just in time, Spotify began playing Aces High by Iron Maiden. Couldn't have asked for a better track to grind out this tedious stationary cycling... which, despite my eagerness to hit 140 kilos bodyweight, I still need to do for conditioning. And coz I'm an adult, which means having to do shit I don't like sometimes.

Stephan was desperate to change the tunes back to that awful techno he loves as soon as I left the gym, but was respectful enough to wait till Aces High was over. Not doing so would have been blasphemous to Crom, god of gains and iron.

PULL+ Tuesday June 20th
stretch w/foam roller
Deficit deadlifts:
70 kgs x 10
110 kgs x 4 x 8
Bent-over barbell rows (underhand):
110 kgs x 4 x 8
HS seated rows (p/h):
50 kgs x 4 x 10
Meadows rows (l&r):
40 kgs x 4 x 8
super-set w/Face pulls:
plate 9 x 4 x 20
Cardio: assault bike 5 minutes @ 50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment