Thursday, June 22, 2017

Press+ Thursday: On Full Steam

I USED this phrase tonight while talking with Elliott. He's looking to return to the platform in September, too. A back injury kept him from entering the last GPC state championships, making this his first full meet since 2014. Last year's Perth Cup was my last comp. I am very confident that this year, it will end better for me. I might event get somewhere closer to an 800 total. Because this is me on full steam.

I said to Elliott that I was trying to 'get back to full steam,' but the truth is I'm already there. The tendon is fixed. The rehab period has been over long enough for me to have employed a new program, one which has already produced some new personal records. Shit, I was hitting PRs towards the end of my rehab program! Even though, right now, my deadlift and press are not being worked at near-max levels, the additional movements and more demanding set schemes make me feel like I've not trained this hard in years... which could just be an entropy thing, but I'm going with 'coz I actually  haven't'.

Technically, the few things I need to look at after tonight's session are: 1. the loadings on my incline barbell and French presses; I keep failing the prescribed repetitions. I need to drop the ego and the weight. 2. I think the other movements I do are blitzing my shoulders so I need to stick with 10 kilogram dumbbell front raises for a little while yet. And 3. on the other end of that scale, I'm hitting ten rep sets of Hammer Strength chest press where I'd actually programmed only eights. And I've added a fourth set of bicep curls, coz as I said; the tendon is fixed.

It's fixed.

I want to go and pull 300, tomorrow. I honestly feel like it's a cold fact that I can. But it's not in my program. So I wait. You mark my words though; this weekend I'm hitting a new PR on log clean-press. And that 350 yoke is toast.

PRESS+ Thursday June 22nd
Stretch
Bench press:
bar x 10
60 kgs x 5
90 kgs x 3
107.5 kgs x 3 x 8
Axle OHP (strict):
30 kgs x 10
60 kgs x 4 x 10
Incline BB press:
60 kgs x 3
75 kgs x 3
90 kgs x 7
DB front raises (p/h):
7.5 kgs x 10
10 kgs x 3 x 10
Seated French press:
30 kgs x 10, 7
25 kgs x 8
20 kgs x 10
super-set w/Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 4 x 20
HS chest press (p/h):
37.5 kgs x 4 x 10
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
12.5 kgs x 4 x 10

No comments:

Post a Comment