Saturday, August 10, 2013

Events Saturday: All in Good Time

Deadlifts w/trap bar
130 kgs x 10
170 kgs x 10
210 kgs x 10
210 kgs x 10
260 kgs x 10
300 kgs x 5 PR

OHP w/swiss bar
55 kgs x 5
60 kgs x 5
65 kgs x 5

Log clean-press
60 kgs x 5

Seated row
Full stack x 15 PR
Full stack x 15
Full stack x 12

SOME of you might remember that I started out training at home, and my first ever deadlift was a hex bar, or trap bar, deadlift. My best ever trap bar dead was 225 kilograms back in October 2011, and that was the last time I used one until today. I distinctly remember that day, and having to unload my dumbbells and carry all my heaviest plates outside to make the necessary weight. This was the day I decided I needed a proper gym to train at. Compared to the cost of constantly buying more plates, a gym membership was actually looking attractive... it was honestly something I hadn't anticipated, back when I started exercising in 2010. I hadn't the slightest idea of how strong I would get.

This unfortunately blows my programming for next week (but then it's not like everything's been totally on track lately) so deadlifts for max reps Monday almost certainly won't be on the cards. There's plenty of other pulls and accessory work I can do.

And I'm looking forward to Wednesday, as one of my coaches (and fellow WA Strongman member) Joel McCaughan is coming down to give me some one-on-one bench coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment