Monday, August 12, 2013

Deadlift Monday: Filler Material

warmup w/bands & hip rotations

Deadlifts
70 kgs x 8
110 kgs x 8
160 kgs x 5
200 kgs x 3
240 kgs x 1

Kroc rows w/kettle bell
left
80 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 10
80 kgs x 8
right
64 kgs x 10
64 kgs x 8
64 kgs x 8

I DON'T feel like I was productive, but that's ok. This is not a problem considering what I was doing on the weekend. My lower back advised me when it was time to stop deadlifting tonight; more recovery time is needed before I return to regular programming. Plus, I met some new people and spent a good deal of time talking to other PTC members while I spun my wheels. I even had a token (135 kilo?) straight bar squat (PL comp spec, the length and thickness of the old Mastodon)... I'm glad I warmed up beforehand, but even so it was as much as two inches from acceptable (according to Darwin), and even at that depth it still aggravated my hip a little. On the plus side: there were no problems with my shoulder. There was a little discomfort initially as I took the weight, but everything held up okay. Not that that weight should have posed a problem... add another hundred and it'd be a different matter entirely.

Looking forward to Press Wednesday. I intend to bench 130 for at least 7 reps, and make up a 56 kilo dumbbell to press a few times. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment