Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Press Wednesday: Screwed by Vipers

warmup w/DBs & bands

OHP w/thick swiss (strict)
8 reps @ 55 kgs
5 reps @ 75 kgs

Log clean-press
3 reps @ 90 kgs - viper press
0 reps @ 107.5 kgs
5 reps @ 90 kgs - press only
2 reps @ 90 kgs - push-press

Bench press
8 reps @ 60 kgs
5 reps @ 100 kgs
2 reps @ 120 kgs
1 reps @ 140 kgs PR

YEAH... it was a PR, that bench, but it was still shit. I wanted reps.

Tonight's training was shit because I started with viper-pressing Fatboy; a press variation that I've never performed before - and have never had the strength to do with Fatboy even if I'd wanted to. The first rep was good. The second was shithouse, and the third not much better. I hadn't anticipated the additional strain the vipers would place on my shoulders. It pretty much screwed the rest of the session for me.

I also started getting acquainted with push-pressing again tonight, and used up the rest of my strength working on technique. My right shoulder was complaining, and I thought it best to can the rest of the session before I injured myself.

Deadlift tomorrow night. My press might still be weak, but my pull is pretty strong. Let's see how many reps of 265 kilos I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment