Thursday, June 6, 2013

Deadlift Thursday: 250 Kgs Reset, Go Again

Deadlits
8 reps @ 60 kgs
5 reps @ 100 kgs
5 reps @ 140 kgs
3 reps @ 180 kgs
1 reps @ 220 kgs
7 reps @ 250 kgs PR

Seated rows
15 reps @ full stack PR
15 reps @ full stack
15 reps @ full stack
right only
10 reps @ plate 12

WHAT a shitty day. Honestly, what a shitty, shitty fucking day today was. I'm so glad that, at the end of it all, I made it to the Pit and broke my deadlift record for reps at this weight. That was a great highlight, as was the time I took all of Shaun's 20s and he told me to go fuck myself. Ah, that Shaun... such a character.

Fuck I hate Ash.

My intention was to build to 260 for reps tonight, but Dan told me I should have dropped back lighter after I peaked a fortnight ago with 600 pounds for 2. So, after a lot of discussion and more input from Joel we decided a reset was in order. I will build up to my heaviest attempt (285 for reps) a week before qualifiers, which is a little over a month from now.

At this time, conservative estimates put my potential maximum deadlift somewhere in the region of 285 kilos, possibly more. In another few weeks I may be capable of 300. But either way, I am now one of the strongest lifters at the Pit (I'd maybe make the top 5 on a good day). And if you're a heavy lifter at the Pit, you're virtually guaranteed of walking into any other gym in the state, and being the strongest lifter there... if 'there' even lifts.

I arrived forty five minutes late and hungry. I lifted the shit that mattered, and I went home to eat and sleep. Thank jeebus tomorrow's Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment