Monday, April 8, 2013

Squat Monday: Stronger!

Squats w/cambered bar
10 reps @ 20 kgs*
8 reps @ 50 kgs
5 reps @ 90 kgs
3 reps @ 130 kgs
1 reps @ 150 kgs
8 reps @ 170 kgs PR

Good mornings
8 reps @ 50 kgs
8 reps @ 90 kgs
8 reps @ 120 kgs
3 reps @ 150 kgs

Hammer curls
10 reps @ 15 kgs
10 reps @ 15 kgs
10 reps @ 15 kgs

AS IT turns out, that ME set of squats wasn't a 'technical' personal best. It was an all-time personal best - and that's with no wraps, no belt, and (according to the coach watching) very good depth. The last couple of reps I was pivoting forward coming out of the hole, but nothing you could call a cheat rep. It's got a lot to do with the narrower foot placement I've adopted to reduce the pain in my right hip, which is still there but is getting easier to deal with every week. Crisis averted... I hope.

*Actually performed my warmup squat set with a standard barbell. It was pretty damn uncomfortable, and due to my wingspan I don't really work with standard bars anyway. But it was good for me to start re-familiarising myself with a straight bar.

Already looking forward to Wednesday night, and a new strict DB OHP record. Not to mention I'll be incorporating more two-handed movements again, to get that atrophied right arm back up to snuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment