Tuesday, April 17, 2018

That's Enough Rest I Think

I ENJOYED that week off. I pulled up alright after the comp - no significant injuries. Ah... well.


I am rolling out a new program for my deadlift, bench and axle overhead press, events, and somewhere amongst them all will slot some cambered bar squats... but, depending on the situation with my knees, I may have to rethink this.


Lately, performing events has been taxing. It's been years since I used naproxen, but I decided to fill my script this week. I'll see what else I can do in the long term, as I don't want to rely on anti-inflammatories or pain meds just to train effectively. But it's been getting that way more and more lately. I used to take a pain pill in the evenings, after a heavy session, to help me sleep. One pill, a couple times per week... three max. Now I take one every day. During the comp, just to keep going after the farmers walk event, I took a pain pill. It took the pain away but slowed me down and made me nauseated.


My first session back - events, the following Saturday - my arthritis hit like it had been waiting all week just to fuck with me. The aim for the session was volume but after a dozen or so yoke and farmers walks I just couldn't handle anymore. Another incomplete training day and another pain pill popped.


This week's press session was a solid start though.


EVENTS Saturday April 14th
stretch
Yoke walk:
130 kg x 2 x 20 meters
210 kg x 6 x 20 meters
Farmers walk (p/h):
70 kg x 2 x 20 meters
100 kg x 2 x 20 meters


PRESS+ Tuesday April 17th
stretch & foam roller
Axle OHP (strict):
40 kg x 10
60 kg x 3 x 10
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 5
100 kg x 4 x 6
45 degree incline DB press (p/h):
25 kg x 5
35 kg x 10
Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 3 x 10
super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
12.5 kg x 3 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
45 kg x 2 x 10
40 kg x 2 x 10
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
20 kg x 2 x 10
15 kg x 2 x 10
Cardio:
assault bike 5 mins @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment