Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Press+ Wednesday: Always Forward

THIS morning, the first thing I read when I went online was a reminder from Facebook about what I was doing this day one year ago. Turns out this day one year ago I was also doing a press routine. It was not quite three months post-surgery to re-attach my left bicep tendon. I was doing one arm triceps pushdowns and 9 kilo dumbbell bicep curls. My overhead press was three sets of seven reps of a 75 kilo axle, strict of course. It wasn't long after this that I began hitting new personal records for reps in this and cambered bar squats (two exercises I could do unencumbered while rehabbing the bicep), and reading this blog post was my motivation for doing an extra money set on axle OHP today.


Sure, I'm two weeks into a new program, so hitting records is not necessarily a requirement at this stage. But I just felt like I should make absolutely certain I was hitting new territory, so I did a fourth set of 8 x 70 kg. And now I'm re-working my OHP program to add more volume to the rest of it.


I am glad I got all the serious pressing done before the grief my right elbow was giving me became an issue. I scrapped the money sets of DB incline press as this pissed it off most all. Also lucky it didn't seem to be an issue when I was using the Hammer Strength machine. Curls were a bitch though. I was glad when they were over.


All in all, it was a good day. A day my grandmother and grandfather fought for me to have.


PRESS+ Wednesday April 25th
stretch
Axle OHP (strict):
40 kg x 10
70 kg x 4 x 8 PR
Bench press (paused):
60 kg x 5
90 kg x 3
110 kg x 4 x 5 TPR
45 degree incline DB press (p/h):
25 kg x 5
Triceps pushdowns:
full stack x 3 x 10
super-set w/DB front raises (p/h):
10 kg x 10
12.5 kg x 3 x 10
HS chest press (p/h):
40 kg x 4 x 10
super-set w/HS bicep curls (l&r):
20 kg x 3 x 10
15 kg x 10
Cardio:
assault bike - 5 mins @ +50 rpm

No comments:

Post a Comment